Production Blog: Post Process Hustle

Welcome back to part two of my editing struggles! Just joking, editing is going smoothly there is just a little hurdle that I need to get over. I know I teased you a little on my last blog about what the hiccup was, as you may have guessed, it was the finger being in the camera frame. I took an absurd amount of time trying to figure out ways and methods to pursue in order to remove this obstacle from the frame but I could not seem to find one. I searched on YouTube  and Google throughout today on learning how to mask objects in a video clip and tried it. Unfortunately this ran me into another problem. My computer ran out of storage from the project auto saving. At this point, I decided not to stress but rather clean up storage and make space on my laptop by deleting unwanted apps and moving them to my other hard drive. I did this process pretty quick and begun back my ediitng journey. After hours of trying to perfect the mask on this singular clip I decided it was just best to crop the edges out. This crop did not ruin the scene as it gave it a dramatic black border around the edges which surprisngly gave an appeal to me. I was frustrated yet happy I found a solution, now it was time to edit the rest of footage. Besides adding in some of the caption dialogue pertaining to the mafia members, the rest of clips were quite simple to edit. I inputted punching sound clips for the fighting scene and aligning them perfectly to the clip for realism. In addition, I made sure to utilize fast transitions of angles between the fighting scene for that dramatic sense of this film, it worked quite well with the variety of high angle, and close up shots. I cut and shrunk down the rest of clips that was required, this left me with 20 seconds under the needed time limit for the 5 minute film. Although, I had the perfect idea. I slowed down clips in between the fighting scene and inputted black screens with heartbeat sound effects. This added suspense to the film and worked out to be a perfect addition. I wrapped up the final edits by adding the plot twist ending with a sudden pop up of "The End." All in all, I am happy with how editing turned out. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Preparations

Our pitch