Production Blog: Edit, Edits, and More Edits!

    Wooohoooo! Editing time has oficially begun. Let me give you some insights on what happened today. I begun by importing the footage from my iphone in which all of the scenes were shot onto my computer. I did this process how I always did it, through email. By doing so, I was able to simply download each clip the same way I had them organized from my phone. Now it was time to load up and import my clips into my editing software, Adobe Premiere Pro. It has been a while since I last used this program so it took a bit of time to get back into the groove of how tools operated. Then, it was time to begin editing. First things first, drag all of the clips onto the timeline putting them in chronological order. The first clip in the sequence was mainly dialouge, but torwards the beginning I had to cut some length as the camera was rolling before we begun acting. This meant that about 30 seconds of the first clip had to be removed which was calculated previously with the required length of the short film. I did not sweat this as I had I filmed some extra parts to make up more than enough time just incase. After this scene were two mafia members dialogue inside the car. This scene took up majority of the editing time for today as I decided it was best for me to overlay captions over the mafia members speaking. I did this because of the heavy Caribbean accent my actors put on, some of my viewers will not be able to tune in and understand what the characters are talking about which can lead them to confusion in the plot. I was also able to color code both of the captions to make it easier on the audience to differentiate who is the character that was speaking at each moment. Afterwards, the kindapping scene is where I left off on for today as I bumped into an inconvience. I know this was a short blog but, I will explain more about this hiccup in my next blog and hopefully finish editing. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Preparations

Our pitch